Welcome to the website of the research project Aṣṭādhyāyī 2.0.
Aṣṭādhyāyī 2.0 is a digital, interactive and searchable edition of the Aṣṭādhyāyī - Pāṇini’s nearly 2.500 years old grammar of Sanskrit, the ancient language of India.
The descriptive grammar of Sanskrit, which Pāṇini brought to its perfection, is one of the greatest monuments of human intelligence and an indispensable model for the description of languages.Modern linguists benefit from a deep study of Pāṇini’s precise description and concise encoding methods. Aṣṭādhyāyī 2.0 fills the gap between the grammatical tradition of India and modern formal linguistics by providing a rigid text-based and fine-grained annotation of the Aṣṭādhyāyī.
- Browse the Aṣṭādhyāyī sūtra by sūtra.
- Search the text via a convenient powerful search language.
- Consult help.
- Read more about the background of Aṣṭādhyāyī 2.0 and our research activities.
Feedback is welcome — send us a mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- [2015/05/28] Hint: Interesting broadcast feature about Panini
- [2015/05/15] Announcement: World Sanskrit Conference (June 28 - July 02, 2015; Bangkok) with one contribution from us
- [2015/05/12] Announcement: 31st South Asian Languages Analysis Roundtable (SALA-31). Lancaster University, UK – 14th to 16th May 2015 with two contributions from us.
- [2015/03/10] Update: One third of the anuvṛtti information included.
- [2015/03/08] Update: Release of the web interface/Aṣṭādhyāyī 2.0/